Pages

Sunday, September 11, 2011

the FACTS of the WORKPLACE: Shin Oe

OKAY!  So like...for the 24-hr promise...here I am. I know, I know...  I'm late!  Gomen~  There are so many things to organize and so many things to write down...  For the time being...since I can't get my hands on Shida-kun yet, I'll post...

THE FACTS of the WORKPLACE

Now, what is this about really?  You can see the WORKPLACE of the Mangaka that works in the company...the STAFF...  So, since I'm like...the only one available for the moment - everyone is in a rampage making their sketches...Jay is doing double time because she's working on Rook 6.0 -- while I'll be waiting for her to finish and ink the material.  For now, I'm still SANE.

OKAY!  So, how does my workplace look?

PENS (Left side) - WIDE TABLE FRONTING THE MONITOR (center) - PHONE (Right side)

Another angle of my messy workplace.
Personally and honestly, I think I'm not a NEAT person. PFfftt~  No really....  I'm not...when I'm working.  I tend to leave a lot of things in different places...  I call it, ORGANIZED CHAOS <-- when my mom gets angry at how messy my tables are.

Take for example this setting.  I just finished dinner, left it there while editing stories.  The piggy's name is Rex.
It's true what they say though~  Might as well NOT put a glass of water near your PC.  I didn't heed that warning once...wanted to kill myself for drenching several pages of inked, ready to scan materials. -,- bummer~ DO NOT FOLLOW THIS!


PENS/ PENCILS/ ERASERS/ WRIST-REST/ HIGHLIGHTER/ SHARPENER -- Keep them close.
When you're in a WORKING MOOD, keep these guys close.  You'll never know when you get the urge.  If you notice at the TOP PIC, I have a drawer just to my left filled with pens and basic drawing needs.  One reason is that URGES can basically come fast and leave FAST at the same time.  So when you got that MAGIC FEELING, it's handy to keep your pens close.

This is a product of the Magic Feeling. -- Used G-TEC 0.4 -- Very handy, this pen.
LOTION - For the hands that get weary.
Yeah~ As snotty as it may sound, Shin (moi) uses lotion to massage my hands when it gets really tired.  Being artists...we do appreciate the talents we have but most of all, we need to PROTECT them.  They're our asset - our hands.  If something happens to them, over-used or something, you'll regret it.  0m0  Been there...and I'm telling you, it's NOT FUN!  So?  PROTECT YOUR HANDS!

THE DATU - Prologue script I'm re-arranging.
I'll post some close up in another entry.  Yep, this is MY WEEKEND, guys!  The DATU team has been finalizing the storyboards and the script this whole weekend.  The deadline is on October...last week, I bet.  So yeah, we're really in a fix.  I heard it's gonna be in FULL COLOR.  You could just imagine the work up ahead for us...  Pray for us, please...sob, sob.

NOTEBOOKS.
For every notebook in this picture, there is a separate story of different genres.  I've been writing them since I was in HS.  There are loads of them.  Some were written in these notebooks, some in the PC.  Mostly though, in several scratch papers that I've used --- hidden in a drawer beneath the one with the pens.  Take care of your stories.  Some of them are crappy, and some might be totally NOT worth it...BUT, BUT, BUT!  Stories evolve as YOU evolve...  Do NOT throw them.

THE PHONE with STACKS OF Fake DVDS.
The Phone is one of the NEWLY installed need in my workplace.  Guess why?  OYABUN!  The boss needs me to call once in a while and I don't want to get out of my room in the wee hours of the morning and get caught by my relatives --- get scolded and get sermons about NOT STAYING UP.  <--- getting old really...  DVDS?  Because a writer always need input.  We all need it.  Those that can't be experienced MUST be taken in the other way --- MOVIES.  Don't underestimate them! MOVIES! lmao~

BOOKS, BOOKS, BOOKS

One of the hardest things to arrange when you change the layout of your room - books.  I've especially requested the carpenter to put more shelves because I need them.  I'm like my grandpa.  I have favorite authors but...I usually read anything from Romance Novels to Suspense Thrillers to Fantasy to Etc, etc, etc...  I love Harry Potter...except for the 5th book. LOL!  These books widen your imagination...like the movie inputs.  They also teach me a lot.  It's like learning from different authors.  Remember this, as you read loads of books, you'll find yourself KNOWING the similarities, the usual occurrences that will spoil the story you're writing.  Don't be arrogant.  READ BOOKS.  People might say that BOOKS ARE OBSOLETE?  Not a chance.  Books will always be books.  The beauty of a published novel can never be replaced.  They are morsels of wisdom that's waiting for you.  READ!

A MANGAKA can not LIVE without MANGA.  HAHAHAH! These are several mangas that were left here.  Some of my collections are with my friends.  I usually let them borrow as much as they want unless I need references.  YES!  I do references.  Why?  Because it's never to late to check your competition.  Like what they say, "You're only as good as your last show." <--- very true.  If you do not improve as you publish every issue, you'll never make it.

So what else must I share to you?  I got two very good sub-woofer speakers for my mind...not my ears.  These two accompany me in writing.  They basically set the mood.  My PC houses A LOT OF SOUNDTRACKS!  If you write, I advice you to try it out.  It's good exercise for the brain - write the things you think about while listening to music.  You'll enjoy it, I promise.

So, I hope you learn something from this OUT-OF-THE-BLUE urge to write about our (staff) workplace.  I will post Jay Wong's workplace by this week.  She's easier to CATCH than Shida-kun.  If you're wondering where my BED is...it's opposite my workplace...so that when I feel like I'm losing my mind, I can just DIVE, DIVE, DIVE into the mattresses and dream.

Thanks for supporting us!  I hope you guys start commenting and suggesting in the CHATBOX...it's a SAD CHATBOX. LOL!  The 5th Issue is not available in MUNSTERIFIC STORES.  Ja matta!  See ya around!


SHIN OE

ps. TOO TIRED TO EDIT GRAMMAR~ Gomen for the TYPOs! Posting developments in THE DATU Project. Ja!

1 comment: